The Conception of the Czech Libraries for the Years 2011-2015 was approved by the Czech government in the session January 11th. The strategic ground of this material is Cultural Policy for the Czech Republic (2009 – 2014) and “EUROPE 2020, a European strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth”.
Some interim aims answer the main initiatives of the concept:
- Vision and priorities:
- library services without barriers, quick and prompt library services, 24 hours, 7 days a week by virtue of digital technology, and online accessibility of library funds and digitization;
- comfortable and neutral place for study and free time;
- skilled and adequate paid librarians.
- The Conception gives consideration to library effectiveness. The SWOT analysis makes the part of material.
- The Concept itself defines these areas:
- a digitization of library collections, protection of cultural heritage,
- an access to information resources and services,
- a support of education and reading literacy,
- equal access to library services,
- quality, effectiveness and marketing of library services,
- development of human sources.
The document of the Conception of the Czech Libraries for the Years 2011-2015, including the internetization of Libraries, is available here.
Department Head of Information Centre for Librarianship