The new Law of Legal Deposit was approved by the Spanish Parliament in July of 2011
The main topics of this law are:
- Before, the printer requested the legal deposit number, now with the new law, the publisher is the one who has to request the legal deposit number.
- The bibliographic, visual, sound, audiovisual and digital heritage will be copyright protected.
- The legal deposit will protect the works in both tangible and intangible format.
- The archive of electronic publications on line will be created. When the domain is Spanish, the obligation to ask for deposit number is for the owner of this domain.
- From now on, the documents must be deposited as a whole, for instance, all issues of a serial publication must be deposited.
You can find the full text in Spanish in this link:
Subdirectorate General for Libraries Coordination
Ministry of Culture